- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Prepare to be the Thanksgiving host at Nov. 5 workshop
OREGON, Ill. — If the thought of cooking a Thanksgiving turkey causes even a little anxiety, University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County can help.
Whether preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large gathering or just a few people, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into the meal.
Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus will help take the worry out of the celebration with a “What Do I Do with This Turkey?” workshop at 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Csernus will share ideas about planning, purchasing, thawing and preparing the Thanksgiving turkey. Recipes to round out your Thanksgiving table will be available for participants to take home, as well as a few to sample. Everyone is welcome and the cost is $5 per person.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or call the Extension office at (815) 732-2191.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue