- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Prepare to be the Thanksgiving host at Nov. 5 workshop
OREGON, Ill. — If the thought of cooking a Thanksgiving turkey causes even a little anxiety, University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County can help.
Whether preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large gathering or just a few people, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into the meal.
Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus will help take the worry out of the celebration with a “What Do I Do with This Turkey?” workshop at 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Csernus will share ideas about planning, purchasing, thawing and preparing the Thanksgiving turkey. Recipes to round out your Thanksgiving table will be available for participants to take home, as well as a few to sample. Everyone is welcome and the cost is $5 per person.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or call the Extension office at (815) 732-2191.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue