- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Prepare to be the Thanksgiving host at Nov. 5 workshop
OREGON, Ill. — If the thought of cooking a Thanksgiving turkey causes even a little anxiety, University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County can help.
Whether preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large gathering or just a few people, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into the meal.
Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus will help take the worry out of the celebration with a “What Do I Do with This Turkey?” workshop at 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Csernus will share ideas about planning, purchasing, thawing and preparing the Thanksgiving turkey. Recipes to round out your Thanksgiving table will be available for participants to take home, as well as a few to sample. Everyone is welcome and the cost is $5 per person.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or call the Extension office at (815) 732-2191.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue