- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Prepare to be the Thanksgiving host at Nov. 5 workshop
OREGON, Ill. — If the thought of cooking a Thanksgiving turkey causes even a little anxiety, University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County can help.
Whether preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large gathering or just a few people, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into the meal.
Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus will help take the worry out of the celebration with a “What Do I Do with This Turkey?” workshop at 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Csernus will share ideas about planning, purchasing, thawing and preparing the Thanksgiving turkey. Recipes to round out your Thanksgiving table will be available for participants to take home, as well as a few to sample. Everyone is welcome and the cost is $5 per person.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or call the Extension office at (815) 732-2191.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue