- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Prepare to be the Thanksgiving host at Nov. 5 workshop
OREGON, Ill. — If the thought of cooking a Thanksgiving turkey causes even a little anxiety, University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County can help.
Whether preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large gathering or just a few people, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into the meal.
Extension Nutrition & Wellness Educator Marilyn Csernus will help take the worry out of the celebration with a “What Do I Do with This Turkey?” workshop at 6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill.
Csernus will share ideas about planning, purchasing, thawing and preparing the Thanksgiving turkey. Recipes to round out your Thanksgiving table will be available for participants to take home, as well as a few to sample. Everyone is welcome and the cost is $5 per person.
To register or for more information, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or call the Extension office at (815) 732-2191.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue