- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Provena Life Connections to host educational program for physicians, nurses and social workers
Provena Cor Mariae Center, Provena St. Anne Center, both in Rockford, and Provena St. Joseph Center of Freeport will host an educational synmposium, “National Evidence-Based Best Practices to Prevent Re-Hospitalization,” from 5-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Presenters will include Mitchell S. King, M.D., associate dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, and medical director of Provena Cor Mariae Center, and Niccole Ranz, MSN, FNP-C, owner of In Home Medical Group, Rockford. Rockford-area primary care physicians, hospitalists, discharge planners, social workers, nurses, case managers and utilization review staff members are invited. Continuing education units will be available for nurses and social workers, and an appetizer buffet and beverages will be provided. Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling (815) 986-7515 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012