- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Provena Life Connections to host educational program for physicians, nurses and social workers
Provena Cor Mariae Center, Provena St. Anne Center, both in Rockford, and Provena St. Joseph Center of Freeport will host an educational synmposium, “National Evidence-Based Best Practices to Prevent Re-Hospitalization,” from 5-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Presenters will include Mitchell S. King, M.D., associate dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, and medical director of Provena Cor Mariae Center, and Niccole Ranz, MSN, FNP-C, owner of In Home Medical Group, Rockford. Rockford-area primary care physicians, hospitalists, discharge planners, social workers, nurses, case managers and utilization review staff members are invited. Continuing education units will be available for nurses and social workers, and an appetizer buffet and beverages will be provided. Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling (815) 986-7515 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012