- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Provena Life Connections to host educational program for physicians, nurses and social workers
Provena Cor Mariae Center, Provena St. Anne Center, both in Rockford, and Provena St. Joseph Center of Freeport will host an educational synmposium, “National Evidence-Based Best Practices to Prevent Re-Hospitalization,” from 5-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, at Franchesco’s Ristorante, 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Presenters will include Mitchell S. King, M.D., associate dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, and medical director of Provena Cor Mariae Center, and Niccole Ranz, MSN, FNP-C, owner of In Home Medical Group, Rockford. Rockford-area primary care physicians, hospitalists, discharge planners, social workers, nurses, case managers and utilization review staff members are invited. Continuing education units will be available for nurses and social workers, and an appetizer buffet and beverages will be provided. Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling (815) 986-7515 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012