- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
River City Sound preps for international competition
Rockford-based River City Sound Chorus has been preparing for international competition since April 2011 when they won first place in regional competition in Appleton, Wis.
River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world. They are two-time regional champions who competed internationally in Seattle in October 2010, and will compete Nov. 1 at the 2012 International Convention in Denver.
They invite local residents to view a live webcast at 5:50 p.m., Nov. 1, to see how the local a cappella group fares on the international stage against 32 other choruses from all over the world. The webcast can be viewed at www.sweetadelinesintl.org under “News and Events” and “Denver 2012 Webcast.”
River City Sound is a diverse group of determined and dedicated women connected by a kindred love of singing … “Sisters in Song.” Their passion for vocal excellence is surpassed only by the desire to entertain their audiences with vibrant, innovative and trendsetting performances. Visit rivercitysound.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue