- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
River City Sound preps for international competition
Rockford-based River City Sound Chorus has been preparing for international competition since April 2011 when they won first place in regional competition in Appleton, Wis.
River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world. They are two-time regional champions who competed internationally in Seattle in October 2010, and will compete Nov. 1 at the 2012 International Convention in Denver.
They invite local residents to view a live webcast at 5:50 p.m., Nov. 1, to see how the local a cappella group fares on the international stage against 32 other choruses from all over the world. The webcast can be viewed at www.sweetadelinesintl.org under “News and Events” and “Denver 2012 Webcast.”
River City Sound is a diverse group of determined and dedicated women connected by a kindred love of singing … “Sisters in Song.” Their passion for vocal excellence is surpassed only by the desire to entertain their audiences with vibrant, innovative and trendsetting performances. Visit rivercitysound.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue