- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
River City Sound preps for international competition
Rockford-based River City Sound Chorus has been preparing for international competition since April 2011 when they won first place in regional competition in Appleton, Wis.
River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world. They are two-time regional champions who competed internationally in Seattle in October 2010, and will compete Nov. 1 at the 2012 International Convention in Denver.
They invite local residents to view a live webcast at 5:50 p.m., Nov. 1, to see how the local a cappella group fares on the international stage against 32 other choruses from all over the world. The webcast can be viewed at www.sweetadelinesintl.org under “News and Events” and “Denver 2012 Webcast.”
River City Sound is a diverse group of determined and dedicated women connected by a kindred love of singing … “Sisters in Song.” Their passion for vocal excellence is surpassed only by the desire to entertain their audiences with vibrant, innovative and trendsetting performances. Visit rivercitysound.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue