- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
River City Sound preps for international competition
Rockford-based River City Sound Chorus has been preparing for international competition since April 2011 when they won first place in regional competition in Appleton, Wis.
River City Sound Chorus is a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, the largest women’s singing organization in the world. They are two-time regional champions who competed internationally in Seattle in October 2010, and will compete Nov. 1 at the 2012 International Convention in Denver.
They invite local residents to view a live webcast at 5:50 p.m., Nov. 1, to see how the local a cappella group fares on the international stage against 32 other choruses from all over the world. The webcast can be viewed at www.sweetadelinesintl.org under “News and Events” and “Denver 2012 Webcast.”
River City Sound is a diverse group of determined and dedicated women connected by a kindred love of singing … “Sisters in Song.” Their passion for vocal excellence is surpassed only by the desire to entertain their audiences with vibrant, innovative and trendsetting performances. Visit rivercitysound.org.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue