- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Area Arts Council offers Grant Seekers Workshop Nov. 5
• Application deadline Nov. 16 for Community Access Grants for projects taking place in 2013
Rockford Area Arts Council (RAAC) will offer a Grant Seekers Workshop for individuals, arts organizations and nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2013. First-time applicants are encouraged to attend.
The workshop will be at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, at the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., Shumway Market Building, Rockford.
RAAC’s Community Arts Access Grants are available for individual artists, arts organizations and nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects in 2013.
The program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council. Additional funds come from the City of Rockford and RAAC memberships.
Grants are awarded to individual artists, arts organizations as well as other non-profit organizations, and schools within RAAC’s four-county service area of Boone, DeKalb, Ogle and Winnebago.
Fundamental to the mission of the RAAC is its goal to nurture artists and arts organizations; grants are one of several ways to address this goal.
Grants are reviewed by arts professionals and community members committed to the arts. Reviewers carefully evaluate each application according to guidelines and criteria.
The grant application deadline for projects taking place in 2013 is Nov. 16.
Community Arts Access Grants are for individual artists, arts organizations and nonprofit organizations. Grant maximum is $2,500.
Open Admission: Action Grants are for Rockford-area individual artists or arts organizations for new projects. Grant maximum is $350.
Grants are available for printing at www.artsforeveryone.com. For questions, call the RAAC at (815) 963-6765.
From the Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2012, issue