- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Snow sculpting artist applications available online
Rockford Park District issues a call to artists interested in participating in the 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19, 2013, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition. Each sculpting team must consist of no more than three members, age 18 or older, who are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are eligible.
Applications for the adult division are available to download now from www.snowsculpting.org. The deadline to submit entry forms and sketches of proposed sculptures is 5 p.m., Nov. 5.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 9 for adult teams.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or email@example.com. For more information, including information about accessibility for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012