- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Snow sculpting artist applications available online
Rockford Park District issues a call to artists interested in participating in the 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19, 2013, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition. Each sculpting team must consist of no more than three members, age 18 or older, who are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are eligible.
Applications for the adult division are available to download now from www.snowsculpting.org. The deadline to submit entry forms and sketches of proposed sculptures is 5 p.m., Nov. 5.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 9 for adult teams.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or email@example.com. For more information, including information about accessibility for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012