- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Snow sculpting artist applications available online
Rockford Park District issues a call to artists interested in participating in the 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19, 2013, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition. Each sculpting team must consist of no more than three members, age 18 or older, who are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are eligible.
Applications for the adult division are available to download now from www.snowsculpting.org. The deadline to submit entry forms and sketches of proposed sculptures is 5 p.m., Nov. 5.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 9 for adult teams.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, including information about accessibility for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012