- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Snow sculpting artist applications available online
Rockford Park District issues a call to artists interested in participating in the 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19, 2013, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition. Each sculpting team must consist of no more than three members, age 18 or older, who are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are eligible.
Applications for the adult division are available to download now from www.snowsculpting.org. The deadline to submit entry forms and sketches of proposed sculptures is 5 p.m., Nov. 5.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 9 for adult teams.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, including information about accessibility for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012