- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Snow sculpting artist applications available online
Rockford Park District issues a call to artists interested in participating in the 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19, 2013, at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition. Each sculpting team must consist of no more than three members, age 18 or older, who are current Illinois residents; amateurs and professionals are eligible.
Applications for the adult division are available to download now from www.snowsculpting.org. The deadline to submit entry forms and sketches of proposed sculptures is 5 p.m., Nov. 5.
Entries can be delivered to either Park District Customer Service location: downtown at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park. Entries are also accepted by e-mail and fax (see application forms for details). There is no entry fee to participate, and notification of acceptance status will be given by Nov. 9 for adult teams.
For those unable to download an application, contact John Beck at (815) 987-1636 or email@example.com. For more information, including information about accessibility for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 31, 2012