- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Hinder, Nonpoint, Wayland, Carlos Mencia at The District
The District Bar & Grill, 205 W. State St., downtown Rockford, has a packed schedule ahead of it.
Monday, Nov. 12, hard-rock band Hinder will perform at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.
The band, known for singles such as “Lips of an Angel,” “Use Me” and “All American Nightmare,” is touring in advance of its Dec. 4 release, Welcome to the Freakshow, which will be the band’s fourth studio album. The album’s first single, “Save Me,” has already placed on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Chart.
Wednesday, Nov. 14, The District will welcome Wayland, Royal Bliss and Another Lost Year. Show starts at 7 p.m., and tickets are $7.
Wayland is named after the band’s hometown in Michigan, and recently released an EP, Welcome to My Head, in December 2011 that features the hit song of the same name. Early next year, they will be releasing a full-length album. Visit www.waylandband.com for more details.
Royal Bliss is a rock band from Salt Lake City, Utah, that has released eight studio albums.
Another Lost Year is from Charlotte, N.C. They were voted the 2011 North Carolina Rock Band of the Year. Their debut album, Better Days, was released Sept. 12. Visit anotherlostyear.com.
Wednesday, Nov. 28, heavy metal band Nonpoint takes the stage at 7 p.m. Tickets are $13. The band has released nine studio albums.
At 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, comedian Carlos Mencia will take The District’s stage. Tickets are $25. Mencia is a Honduran-born American comedian, writer and actor. He was formerly the host of his own show on Comedy Central, Mind of Mencia.
The District Bar & Grill can be reached at (815) 977-4524. Order tickets for all shows at http://districtdowntown.com/box-office/.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue