- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Hinder, Nonpoint, Wayland, Carlos Mencia at The District
The District Bar & Grill, 205 W. State St., downtown Rockford, has a packed schedule ahead of it.
Monday, Nov. 12, hard-rock band Hinder will perform at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.
The band, known for singles such as “Lips of an Angel,” “Use Me” and “All American Nightmare,” is touring in advance of its Dec. 4 release, Welcome to the Freakshow, which will be the band’s fourth studio album. The album’s first single, “Save Me,” has already placed on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Chart.
Wednesday, Nov. 14, The District will welcome Wayland, Royal Bliss and Another Lost Year. Show starts at 7 p.m., and tickets are $7.
Wayland is named after the band’s hometown in Michigan, and recently released an EP, Welcome to My Head, in December 2011 that features the hit song of the same name. Early next year, they will be releasing a full-length album. Visit www.waylandband.com for more details.
Royal Bliss is a rock band from Salt Lake City, Utah, that has released eight studio albums.
Another Lost Year is from Charlotte, N.C. They were voted the 2011 North Carolina Rock Band of the Year. Their debut album, Better Days, was released Sept. 12. Visit anotherlostyear.com.
Wednesday, Nov. 28, heavy metal band Nonpoint takes the stage at 7 p.m. Tickets are $13. The band has released nine studio albums.
At 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, comedian Carlos Mencia will take The District’s stage. Tickets are $25. Mencia is a Honduran-born American comedian, writer and actor. He was formerly the host of his own show on Comedy Central, Mind of Mencia.
The District Bar & Grill can be reached at (815) 977-4524. Order tickets for all shows at http://districtdowntown.com/box-office/.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue