- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
New church welcomes you
Living in Grace Church, a newly planted church, as of July 2012, has a desire to bring the truth of the Gospel (God’s grace) to Rockford. We are located at the Highland Place, 2222 E. State St., Suite 200, Rockford. We have a Sunday morning service at 10 a.m. and a Wednesday evening service at 6:30 p.m.
The vision and heart of Living in Grace Church is that all would come into the full knowledge of Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection, which is the vision and heart that God has for every church. Having a revelation that God loves us so much, that is why He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to the world not to judge it, but to save it. “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:8-10 NKJV)
We believe that people will flourish and overcome circumstances and events that occur in life as they gain an understanding of the truth that it is by God’s grace (undeserved and unmerited favor of God) that we are saved by faith, and brought into right relationship with God. We believe that when the Body of Christ, which is His church, comes together to be taught the Gospel, fellowship, partake of the Lord’s Supper, and pray, on a continuous basis, they will see people’s lives transformed and changed. It is the church’s responsibility to bring people into relationship with God, disciple them, and walk alongside them. We believe by equipping people with the Word of God, every person will become a capable minister of God, to go out and have a huge impact within their communities, work places, and families.
It is the Word of God and His love that brings a heart transformation. When our heart has been transformed and healed, it brings a new way of thinking, believing, and how we see ourselves. When one believes that they are in right relationship with God, and they are His beloved son or daughter, then they will be able to receive His healing, wholeness and prosperity into every area of their life. This is God’s heart for every person, so it is the heart and goal at Living in Grace Church to share with Rockford and the surrounding areas this message of grace and being in right relationship with God.
We invite everyone to come and join us for a time of worship, fellowship and teaching in the Word of God. We encourage those who have had a desire to attend church or have wanted change, to come and visit us at Living Grace Church, not to be judged but to encounter the love of God that will bring an inward change and an outward transformation.
Pastors Eric and Jen Bantner
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue