- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
RAM Leadership Day Nov. 12
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents its annual Leadership Day arts college fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, Nov. 12, at RAM, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is free.
High school and college students can learn about degree programs and career opportunities in the visual, graphic and performing arts. Admissions reps from several schools across the region will be at RAM for this arts college fair. Students are encouraged to bring portfolios for review.
Participating colleges include The School of the Art Institute of Chicago; Columbia College Chicago; Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design; Iowa State University, College of Design; University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Art + Design; Northern Illinois University, School of Art; Southern Illinois University, School of Art and Design; Saint Louis University; Rockford College; Rock Valley College; Rasmussen College; and Upper Iowa University.
For more details, call (815) 972-2874 or e-mail email@example.com.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue