- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Rockford-made guitars featured at Kryptonite
Rockford’s Kryptonite will host Worlatron Guitar Night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Nov. 9. The event will feature displays of electric guitars made in Rockford by Jim Worland of Worlatron Industries.
Several local musicians will be playing music, some on the local Worlatron guitars. Play the guitars and meet the luthier who makes these instruments.
Music lineup is as follows:
• 8 p.m. — Filip Herbst, singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist will play acoustic music upstairs;
• 9 p.m. — Rachel Barton Pine plays symphonic violin as well as heavy metal music on the violin;
• 10 p.m. — Vince Chiarelli Band of the famed Chiarelli family plays original pop rock and 1950s-style melodies; and
• 11 p.m. — Billy Dolan, regarded as the best guitarist in Rockford, plays sophisticated rock music influenced by post punk.
Admission is free until 9 p.m., when there is a $5 cover charge. Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue