- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford-made guitars featured at Kryptonite
Rockford’s Kryptonite will host Worlatron Guitar Night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Nov. 9. The event will feature displays of electric guitars made in Rockford by Jim Worland of Worlatron Industries.
Several local musicians will be playing music, some on the local Worlatron guitars. Play the guitars and meet the luthier who makes these instruments.
Music lineup is as follows:
• 8 p.m. — Filip Herbst, singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist will play acoustic music upstairs;
• 9 p.m. — Rachel Barton Pine plays symphonic violin as well as heavy metal music on the violin;
• 10 p.m. — Vince Chiarelli Band of the famed Chiarelli family plays original pop rock and 1950s-style melodies; and
• 11 p.m. — Billy Dolan, regarded as the best guitarist in Rockford, plays sophisticated rock music influenced by post punk.
Admission is free until 9 p.m., when there is a $5 cover charge. Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue