- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Rockford-made guitars featured at Kryptonite
Rockford’s Kryptonite will host Worlatron Guitar Night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Nov. 9. The event will feature displays of electric guitars made in Rockford by Jim Worland of Worlatron Industries.
Several local musicians will be playing music, some on the local Worlatron guitars. Play the guitars and meet the luthier who makes these instruments.
Music lineup is as follows:
• 8 p.m. — Filip Herbst, singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist will play acoustic music upstairs;
• 9 p.m. — Rachel Barton Pine plays symphonic violin as well as heavy metal music on the violin;
• 10 p.m. — Vince Chiarelli Band of the famed Chiarelli family plays original pop rock and 1950s-style melodies; and
• 11 p.m. — Billy Dolan, regarded as the best guitarist in Rockford, plays sophisticated rock music influenced by post punk.
Admission is free until 9 p.m., when there is a $5 cover charge. Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue