- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford-made guitars featured at Kryptonite
Rockford’s Kryptonite will host Worlatron Guitar Night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Nov. 9. The event will feature displays of electric guitars made in Rockford by Jim Worland of Worlatron Industries.
Several local musicians will be playing music, some on the local Worlatron guitars. Play the guitars and meet the luthier who makes these instruments.
Music lineup is as follows:
• 8 p.m. — Filip Herbst, singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist will play acoustic music upstairs;
• 9 p.m. — Rachel Barton Pine plays symphonic violin as well as heavy metal music on the violin;
• 10 p.m. — Vince Chiarelli Band of the famed Chiarelli family plays original pop rock and 1950s-style melodies; and
• 11 p.m. — Billy Dolan, regarded as the best guitarist in Rockford, plays sophisticated rock music influenced by post punk.
Admission is free until 9 p.m., when there is a $5 cover charge. Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue