- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford-made guitars featured at Kryptonite
Rockford’s Kryptonite will host Worlatron Guitar Night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Nov. 9. The event will feature displays of electric guitars made in Rockford by Jim Worland of Worlatron Industries.
Several local musicians will be playing music, some on the local Worlatron guitars. Play the guitars and meet the luthier who makes these instruments.
Music lineup is as follows:
• 8 p.m. — Filip Herbst, singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist will play acoustic music upstairs;
• 9 p.m. — Rachel Barton Pine plays symphonic violin as well as heavy metal music on the violin;
• 10 p.m. — Vince Chiarelli Band of the famed Chiarelli family plays original pop rock and 1950s-style melodies; and
• 11 p.m. — Billy Dolan, regarded as the best guitarist in Rockford, plays sophisticated rock music influenced by post punk.
Admission is free until 9 p.m., when there is a $5 cover charge. Kryptonite is at 308 W. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Nov. 7-13, 2012, issue