- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Classical organist at Court Street United Methodist Church Nov. 16
Online Staff Report
John Linker, a native of Princeton, Ill., will perform at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, at the Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The performance is part of the church’s 2012-2013 “Worship Through Arts” concert series.
Linker, a classically-trained organist, will perform works from Rheinberger, Bach, Franck and Guilmant.
In addition to church concerts, Linker performs as a recitalist and chamber musician, making numerous tours in the United States and abroad. He is pursuing a doctor of musical arts degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. A free-will donation is suggested for the performance. All profits will benefit the church’s Organ Fund.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012