- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Classical organist at Court Street United Methodist Church Nov. 16
Online Staff Report
John Linker, a native of Princeton, Ill., will perform at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, at the Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The performance is part of the church’s 2012-2013 “Worship Through Arts” concert series.
Linker, a classically-trained organist, will perform works from Rheinberger, Bach, Franck and Guilmant.
In addition to church concerts, Linker performs as a recitalist and chamber musician, making numerous tours in the United States and abroad. He is pursuing a doctor of musical arts degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. A free-will donation is suggested for the performance. All profits will benefit the church’s Organ Fund.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012