- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Classical organist at Court Street United Methodist Church Nov. 16
Online Staff Report
John Linker, a native of Princeton, Ill., will perform at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, at the Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The performance is part of the church’s 2012-2013 “Worship Through Arts” concert series.
Linker, a classically-trained organist, will perform works from Rheinberger, Bach, Franck and Guilmant.
In addition to church concerts, Linker performs as a recitalist and chamber musician, making numerous tours in the United States and abroad. He is pursuing a doctor of musical arts degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. A free-will donation is suggested for the performance. All profits will benefit the church’s Organ Fund.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012