- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Classical organist at Court Street United Methodist Church Nov. 16
Online Staff Report
John Linker, a native of Princeton, Ill., will perform at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, at the Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The performance is part of the church’s 2012-2013 “Worship Through Arts” concert series.
Linker, a classically-trained organist, will perform works from Rheinberger, Bach, Franck and Guilmant.
In addition to church concerts, Linker performs as a recitalist and chamber musician, making numerous tours in the United States and abroad. He is pursuing a doctor of musical arts degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. A free-will donation is suggested for the performance. All profits will benefit the church’s Organ Fund.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012