- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Classical organist at Court Street United Methodist Church Nov. 16
Online Staff Report
John Linker, a native of Princeton, Ill., will perform at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, at the Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The performance is part of the church’s 2012-2013 “Worship Through Arts” concert series.
Linker, a classically-trained organist, will perform works from Rheinberger, Bach, Franck and Guilmant.
In addition to church concerts, Linker performs as a recitalist and chamber musician, making numerous tours in the United States and abroad. He is pursuing a doctor of musical arts degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. A free-will donation is suggested for the performance. All profits will benefit the church’s Organ Fund.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012