- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Ladies Day Out in Lena, Ill., Nov. 17
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — Join all the excitement happening in Lena, Ill., Saturday, Nov. 17, at this fall’s Ladies Day Out. Enjoy a fun-filled day of shopping from a variety of vendors who offer products that are not available in stores. Plenty of cash-n-carry items are available for you to take home that day.
Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Lena Community Center, 497 Lions Drive in Lena, Ill. Admission is free. A grand prize of $100 of Lena Money will also be awarded. More than 50 vendors have already signed up.
A canned food drive will be held at the event, and all donations will go toward the Lena Food Pantry. Donate any spare change from your purchases to go to the Safe Haven Humane Shelter.
Gentlemen are welcome to attend and shop for their loved ones for the holiday season. A lunch stand and handicap accessibility will be available. For more information, call Chelsea White at (815) 275-3997 or Kristina Weaver at (815) 541-2355.
The event is helped made possible by sponsorship donations from the folloowing: A.J.’s Lena Maid Meats, Addi Cakes, Black Hawk Run Golf Course, Bussian Insurance Agency, Checkered Flag Auto Body, Chiro-Works, Citizen’s State Bank, Coach’s Golf & Grill, Community Bank, Contemporary Hair Studio, Cory’s Pub & Grub, Edward Jones Investments, Hulsebus-Gehlsen Chiropractic, Iron Horse Tap, Lena Family Restaurant, Lena Fast Stop, Lena Living Center, Natural Healing Express, Pat Brown Realtors, Real Estate Appraisals, S & J Machine, Saporito’s Pizzeria, Spare Time Lanes, Stephan Electric, Sullivan’s Foods, The Monroe Clinic, and West Point Mutual-Rader’s Insurance Agency.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012