- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Motorsports: Race for Sprint Cup title comes down to Homestead Nov. 18
The race for the 2012 Sprint Cup Series championship will come down to the final race of the season Sunday, Nov. 18, at Homestead Miami Speedway. Race time is 1 p.m. (Central) on ESPN.
Brad Keselowski enters the race as points leader. Five-time series champ Jimmie Johnson trails Keselowski by 20 points, followed by Kasey Kahne 50 points behind in third, Clint Bowyer 52 points behind in fourth and Denny Hamlin 62 points behind in fifth.
Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus, a Rockford native, have their work cut out for them. The team entered Sunday’s (Nov. 11) race at Phoenix with a 7-point lead in the series. However, Johnson blew a tire and crashed into the wall with 77 laps to go, finishing 32nd. Johnson would need to win the race at Homestead and have Keselowski finish below 15th to win the title.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue