- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Motorsports: Race for Sprint Cup title comes down to Homestead Nov. 18
The race for the 2012 Sprint Cup Series championship will come down to the final race of the season Sunday, Nov. 18, at Homestead Miami Speedway. Race time is 1 p.m. (Central) on ESPN.
Brad Keselowski enters the race as points leader. Five-time series champ Jimmie Johnson trails Keselowski by 20 points, followed by Kasey Kahne 50 points behind in third, Clint Bowyer 52 points behind in fourth and Denny Hamlin 62 points behind in fifth.
Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus, a Rockford native, have their work cut out for them. The team entered Sunday’s (Nov. 11) race at Phoenix with a 7-point lead in the series. However, Johnson blew a tire and crashed into the wall with 77 laps to go, finishing 32nd. Johnson would need to win the race at Homestead and have Keselowski finish below 15th to win the title.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue