- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Motorsports: Race for Sprint Cup title comes down to Homestead Nov. 18
The race for the 2012 Sprint Cup Series championship will come down to the final race of the season Sunday, Nov. 18, at Homestead Miami Speedway. Race time is 1 p.m. (Central) on ESPN.
Brad Keselowski enters the race as points leader. Five-time series champ Jimmie Johnson trails Keselowski by 20 points, followed by Kasey Kahne 50 points behind in third, Clint Bowyer 52 points behind in fourth and Denny Hamlin 62 points behind in fifth.
Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus, a Rockford native, have their work cut out for them. The team entered Sunday’s (Nov. 11) race at Phoenix with a 7-point lead in the series. However, Johnson blew a tire and crashed into the wall with 77 laps to go, finishing 32nd. Johnson would need to win the race at Homestead and have Keselowski finish below 15th to win the title.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue