- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Remedies Renewing Lives hosts Seventh Annual Ball Nov. 17
Online Staff Report
Remedies Renewing Lives will host approximately 225 guests at the Remedies Seventh Annual Ball from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The evening includes a reception and dinner and features guest speaker Judge Rosemary Collins, Rockford’s award-winning Clutch Cargo Band, as well as live and silent auctions. Eric Wilson of WREX will emcee the evening’s festivities.
All profits from the event support Remedies programs and services in Winnebago and Boone counties.
Reservations for the Remedies Ball are $90 per person or $670 for a table of eight and can be confirmed by contacting Janet Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 966-1285, or by visiting the agency’s website at www.remediesrenewinglives.org.
Remedies offers one of the largest domestic violence and homeless programs in Illinois, and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. The agency provides multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services and professional training. Services are funded in part by United Way, Illinois Department of Human Services, state and corporate grants, and donations from the community.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012