- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Remedies Renewing Lives hosts Seventh Annual Ball Nov. 17
Online Staff Report
Remedies Renewing Lives will host approximately 225 guests at the Remedies Seventh Annual Ball from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The evening includes a reception and dinner and features guest speaker Judge Rosemary Collins, Rockford’s award-winning Clutch Cargo Band, as well as live and silent auctions. Eric Wilson of WREX will emcee the evening’s festivities.
All profits from the event support Remedies programs and services in Winnebago and Boone counties.
Reservations for the Remedies Ball are $90 per person or $670 for a table of eight and can be confirmed by contacting Janet Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 966-1285, or by visiting the agency’s website at www.remediesrenewinglives.org.
Remedies offers one of the largest domestic violence and homeless programs in Illinois, and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. The agency provides multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services and professional training. Services are funded in part by United Way, Illinois Department of Human Services, state and corporate grants, and donations from the community.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012