- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Remedies Renewing Lives hosts Seventh Annual Ball Nov. 17
Online Staff Report
Remedies Renewing Lives will host approximately 225 guests at the Remedies Seventh Annual Ball from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The evening includes a reception and dinner and features guest speaker Judge Rosemary Collins, Rockford’s award-winning Clutch Cargo Band, as well as live and silent auctions. Eric Wilson of WREX will emcee the evening’s festivities.
All profits from the event support Remedies programs and services in Winnebago and Boone counties.
Reservations for the Remedies Ball are $90 per person or $670 for a table of eight and can be confirmed by contacting Janet Johnson at email@example.com or (815) 966-1285, or by visiting the agency’s website at www.remediesrenewinglives.org.
Remedies offers one of the largest domestic violence and homeless programs in Illinois, and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. The agency provides multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services and professional training. Services are funded in part by United Way, Illinois Department of Human Services, state and corporate grants, and donations from the community.
Posted Nov. 14, 2012