- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Winnebago County Board District 20 candidate gives thanks
I want to express a heartfelt thank-you to everyone in and outside the Winnebago County Board District 20 who supported me in any small way. I am grateful to everyone who took a leap of faith for the new guy and voted for me.
I am humbled by this experience, and have no regrets for running or all that I was able to accomplish. I did all that is expected of a person running for a political office, and did so against very big odds.
In the end, I got 42 percent of the vote, and that is, in my opinion, “winning while losing.” I suspect the good people of Winnebago County have not heard the last of me.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue