- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Winnebago County Board District 20 candidate gives thanks
I want to express a heartfelt thank-you to everyone in and outside the Winnebago County Board District 20 who supported me in any small way. I am grateful to everyone who took a leap of faith for the new guy and voted for me.
I am humbled by this experience, and have no regrets for running or all that I was able to accomplish. I did all that is expected of a person running for a political office, and did so against very big odds.
In the end, I got 42 percent of the vote, and that is, in my opinion, “winning while losing.” I suspect the good people of Winnebago County have not heard the last of me.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue