- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Winnebago County Board District 20 candidate gives thanks
I want to express a heartfelt thank-you to everyone in and outside the Winnebago County Board District 20 who supported me in any small way. I am grateful to everyone who took a leap of faith for the new guy and voted for me.
I am humbled by this experience, and have no regrets for running or all that I was able to accomplish. I did all that is expected of a person running for a political office, and did so against very big odds.
In the end, I got 42 percent of the vote, and that is, in my opinion, “winning while losing.” I suspect the good people of Winnebago County have not heard the last of me.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue