- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Winnebago County Board District 20 candidate gives thanks
I want to express a heartfelt thank-you to everyone in and outside the Winnebago County Board District 20 who supported me in any small way. I am grateful to everyone who took a leap of faith for the new guy and voted for me.
I am humbled by this experience, and have no regrets for running or all that I was able to accomplish. I did all that is expected of a person running for a political office, and did so against very big odds.
In the end, I got 42 percent of the vote, and that is, in my opinion, “winning while losing.” I suspect the good people of Winnebago County have not heard the last of me.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue