- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Winnebago County Board District 20 candidate gives thanks
I want to express a heartfelt thank-you to everyone in and outside the Winnebago County Board District 20 who supported me in any small way. I am grateful to everyone who took a leap of faith for the new guy and voted for me.
I am humbled by this experience, and have no regrets for running or all that I was able to accomplish. I did all that is expected of a person running for a political office, and did so against very big odds.
In the end, I got 42 percent of the vote, and that is, in my opinion, “winning while losing.” I suspect the good people of Winnebago County have not heard the last of me.
Loves Park, Ill.
From the Nov. 14-20, 2012, issue