- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Casting call for new NBC series hosted by adventurer Bear Grylls set for Dec. 1 in Chicago
Online Staff Report
A casting call for the new NBC series Get Out Alive, hosted by adventurer Bear Grylls, will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1, at XSport Fitness, 819 S. State St., Chicago.
NBC has given the green light to Get Out Alive (working title), a new, larger-than-life and extreme adventure reality-competition series headlined by Grylls.
The move to NBC for Get Out Alive marks the first time the international television star will debut on network television. The show will test teams of two beyond their most extreme imaginations in the wild.
NBC has ordered eight episodes of the series, with additional creative details to be revealed at a later date. Get Out Alive is set to air in primetime in summer 2013.
Posted Nov. 19, 2012