- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Casting call for new NBC series hosted by adventurer Bear Grylls set for Dec. 1 in Chicago
Online Staff Report
A casting call for the new NBC series Get Out Alive, hosted by adventurer Bear Grylls, will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1, at XSport Fitness, 819 S. State St., Chicago.
NBC has given the green light to Get Out Alive (working title), a new, larger-than-life and extreme adventure reality-competition series headlined by Grylls.
The move to NBC for Get Out Alive marks the first time the international television star will debut on network television. The show will test teams of two beyond their most extreme imaginations in the wild.
NBC has ordered eight episodes of the series, with additional creative details to be revealed at a later date. Get Out Alive is set to air in primetime in summer 2013.
Posted Nov. 19, 2012