- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Apply for seasonal Park District positions by Dec. 16
Rockford Park District uses technology to help customer service-oriented people apply for 2013 seasonal employment opportunities at Magic Waters Waterpark, and Sand Park, Alpine and Harkins pools.
Information about seasonal employment can be found with a cell phone by texting JOBSPLASH to 94253. Interested candidates must complete an application and submit a résumé at the online Job Splash between Nov. 16 and Dec. 16.
Magic Waters Waterpark staff will review all submitted applications and select top applicants for a follow-up in-person interview Dec. 28. All interviews will be held between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 28, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Park District staff will provide training for all positions, including lifeguard and Learn to Swim instructors.
“Last year for the first time, we offered the chance for interested candidates to text and find out more information about the Online Job Splash, making the process of applying for a job at the Rockford Park District much more flexible, since applicants could apply 24/7,” said Zack McIntyre, interim director of Magic Waters Waterpark and Aquatics.
Job opportunities include lifeguards, Learn to Swim instructors, and positions in customer service and guest relations. Applicants must be age 16 or older.
For more about summer positions, visit www.magicwaterswaterpark.com or call (815) 969-4093.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue