- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Apply for seasonal Park District positions by Dec. 16
Rockford Park District uses technology to help customer service-oriented people apply for 2013 seasonal employment opportunities at Magic Waters Waterpark, and Sand Park, Alpine and Harkins pools.
Information about seasonal employment can be found with a cell phone by texting JOBSPLASH to 94253. Interested candidates must complete an application and submit a résumé at the online Job Splash between Nov. 16 and Dec. 16.
Magic Waters Waterpark staff will review all submitted applications and select top applicants for a follow-up in-person interview Dec. 28. All interviews will be held between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 28, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Park District staff will provide training for all positions, including lifeguard and Learn to Swim instructors.
“Last year for the first time, we offered the chance for interested candidates to text and find out more information about the Online Job Splash, making the process of applying for a job at the Rockford Park District much more flexible, since applicants could apply 24/7,” said Zack McIntyre, interim director of Magic Waters Waterpark and Aquatics.
Job opportunities include lifeguards, Learn to Swim instructors, and positions in customer service and guest relations. Applicants must be age 16 or older.
For more about summer positions, visit www.magicwaterswaterpark.com or call (815) 969-4093.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue