- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Evergreen and Poinsettia Workshop set for Dec. 12
Evergreens are a traditional decoration for the holidays, and that’s for good reason! They smell great, they look great, they last a long time, and they’re available in our own back yards!
University of Illinois Extension will hold an Evergreen and Poinsettia Workshop from 5 to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 12. Extension Horticulture Educator Candice Miller will demonstrate how to make wreaths, swags, garlands and kissing balls using various evergreens. She will also discuss poinsettia care and provide tips about how to make them last throughout the holiday season.
This program will be a hands-on workshop where you will have the opportunity to make your choice of a wreath, swag or garland. The cost for this program is $20, and pre-registration is required by Dec. 5. Participants are encouraged to bring ornaments, pinecones or anything else they may want to add to their decoration.
This program will be offered at the Ogle County Extension office, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. To register, call the Extension at (815) 732-2191 or visit online at web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo/.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue