- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Jeanne Bengsch named Spirit of Caring winner
Beloit Regional Hospice (BRH) announced this year’s Spirit of Caring Award was presented to Jeanne Bengsch at the organization’s Eighth Annual Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice event.
When presenting the award, former Board President and Wisconsin Secretary of Tourism Stephanie Klett said Bengsch “has been an ever-present advocate for those in the community and a staunch supporter of Beloit Regional Hospice. She dedicated nine years of service to the Board of Directors of Beloit Regional Hospice, she attends and volunteers at many events and has been the backbone for the success of Doves and Diamonds for all eight years of its planning and growth. In addition, she is a quiet, yet steady advocate for many in the community who are entering their end of life journey.”
The Spirit of Caring Award is given annually by BRH to an individual, organization or business that has demonstrated dedication to strengthening the hospice concept in the stateline community in an effort to improve quality of life.
For 30 years, BRH staff and volunteers have been leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life.
The nonprofit organization’s mission is “To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible” for terminally-ill individuals and their families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. Their website is www.beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue