- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Jeanne Bengsch named Spirit of Caring winner
Beloit Regional Hospice (BRH) announced this year’s Spirit of Caring Award was presented to Jeanne Bengsch at the organization’s Eighth Annual Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice event.
When presenting the award, former Board President and Wisconsin Secretary of Tourism Stephanie Klett said Bengsch “has been an ever-present advocate for those in the community and a staunch supporter of Beloit Regional Hospice. She dedicated nine years of service to the Board of Directors of Beloit Regional Hospice, she attends and volunteers at many events and has been the backbone for the success of Doves and Diamonds for all eight years of its planning and growth. In addition, she is a quiet, yet steady advocate for many in the community who are entering their end of life journey.”
The Spirit of Caring Award is given annually by BRH to an individual, organization or business that has demonstrated dedication to strengthening the hospice concept in the stateline community in an effort to improve quality of life.
For 30 years, BRH staff and volunteers have been leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life.
The nonprofit organization’s mission is “To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible” for terminally-ill individuals and their families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. Their website is www.beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue