- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Monroe Arts Center kicks off Holiday Silent Auction Nov. 23
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Relax this holiday season and do your shopping at the Monroe (Wis.) Arts Center’s (MAC) 2012 Holiday Silent Auction.
From Friday, Nov. 23, through Friday, Dec. 14, this annual holiday shopping tradition provides a variety of unique gifts on display at MAC’s Wesley Hall, 1315 11th St., Monroe, Wis.
This important annual fund-raiser for MAC features more than 200 items donated by individuals and businesses from Monroe, southern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois.
The auction opening night is scheduled for 6-8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23. Holiday music and refreshments will add to the opening night’s festive shopping experience.
For the convenience of shoppers, the items are displayed and arranged by category. An auction booklet listing the items is provided. Categories are Original and Limited Editions; Handcrafted and Floral Designs; Especially For You; For Your Home and Garden; Theater, Sports and Leisure; Restaurant and Specialty Dinners; and Baked Goods and Specialty Foods.
Auction items include handcrafted seasonal centerpieces; art objects; jewelry; golf package; tickets to “Chicago on Broadway’s” Peter Pan starring Cathy Rigby; Milwaukee Brewers baseball tickets; traditional Swiss dinner for four; gift certificates for clothing, food and jewelry; autographed Green Bay Packers LeRoy Butler photograph; oak roll-top desk; the ever-popular selection of delicious homemade candies, breads, cookies, cakes, pies, jams and jellies; and a Pony Party donated by M & M Pony Ranch of Monroe.
Final bids will be accepted until 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 14, prior to the beginning of the MAC Holiday Concert. This free holiday concert, emceed by Ron Spielman, will feature vocalist Tracy Bristow, with piano accompaniment by Christina Parkinson. Bristow’s program will include both traditional and popular Christmas music.
Auction items may be viewed during MAC regular business hours, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. For extended viewing hours and information, contact the MAC at (608) 325-5700 or 888-596-1249, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com. Bids are accepted in person or by phone.
Posted Nov. 21, 2012