- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Monroe Arts Center kicks off Holiday Silent Auction Nov. 23
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Relax this holiday season and do your shopping at the Monroe (Wis.) Arts Center’s (MAC) 2012 Holiday Silent Auction.
From Friday, Nov. 23, through Friday, Dec. 14, this annual holiday shopping tradition provides a variety of unique gifts on display at MAC’s Wesley Hall, 1315 11th St., Monroe, Wis.
This important annual fund-raiser for MAC features more than 200 items donated by individuals and businesses from Monroe, southern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois.
The auction opening night is scheduled for 6-8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23. Holiday music and refreshments will add to the opening night’s festive shopping experience.
For the convenience of shoppers, the items are displayed and arranged by category. An auction booklet listing the items is provided. Categories are Original and Limited Editions; Handcrafted and Floral Designs; Especially For You; For Your Home and Garden; Theater, Sports and Leisure; Restaurant and Specialty Dinners; and Baked Goods and Specialty Foods.
Auction items include handcrafted seasonal centerpieces; art objects; jewelry; golf package; tickets to “Chicago on Broadway’s” Peter Pan starring Cathy Rigby; Milwaukee Brewers baseball tickets; traditional Swiss dinner for four; gift certificates for clothing, food and jewelry; autographed Green Bay Packers LeRoy Butler photograph; oak roll-top desk; the ever-popular selection of delicious homemade candies, breads, cookies, cakes, pies, jams and jellies; and a Pony Party donated by M & M Pony Ranch of Monroe.
Final bids will be accepted until 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 14, prior to the beginning of the MAC Holiday Concert. This free holiday concert, emceed by Ron Spielman, will feature vocalist Tracy Bristow, with piano accompaniment by Christina Parkinson. Bristow’s program will include both traditional and popular Christmas music.
Auction items may be viewed during MAC regular business hours, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. For extended viewing hours and information, contact the MAC at (608) 325-5700 or 888-596-1249, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com. Bids are accepted in person or by phone.
Posted Nov. 21, 2012