- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Shelter Care Ministries thanks community for supporting Soup-r-Fest
Shelter Care Ministries would like to thank the Rockford community for supporting our first-ever Soup-r-Fest event on Saturday, Oct. 13. Although the weather was a bit challenging, those who attended certainly enjoyed the variety of soups offered by teams vying for the title of “Best Soup of the Day.” Congratulations to Taster’s Choice winner Spectrum Insurance! Their Chicken Noodle soup brought in the votes and brought home the trophy!
A very special thank you to our brave MarketPlace vendors that withstood one torrential downpour: Mamma Josie’s, Jessica’s Finest Cinnamon Rolls, Upper Crust, KoKo Bear Bakery, E. Crampota/Avon Representative, Glow with It and Gary’s Seamless Gutters. In addition, none of this would have been possible without the countless hours of planning from the Soup-r-Fest committee and all the volunteers that made the day happen.
Thanks, too, to our sponsors: Spectrum Insurance, OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Alpine Bank, Mrs. Fisher’s Potato Chips, Eckberg & Bates Insurance, Emmanuel Guild, Mid-City Office Products, Hillshire Farms, Marianne Lombard-Koy, Oliver Close LLC and Medicine Man Creative. And to WIFR-TV, WREX-TV and Maverick Media for helping promote the event!
Shelter Care Ministries
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue