- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Shelter Care Ministries thanks community for supporting Soup-r-Fest
Shelter Care Ministries would like to thank the Rockford community for supporting our first-ever Soup-r-Fest event on Saturday, Oct. 13. Although the weather was a bit challenging, those who attended certainly enjoyed the variety of soups offered by teams vying for the title of “Best Soup of the Day.” Congratulations to Taster’s Choice winner Spectrum Insurance! Their Chicken Noodle soup brought in the votes and brought home the trophy!
A very special thank you to our brave MarketPlace vendors that withstood one torrential downpour: Mamma Josie’s, Jessica’s Finest Cinnamon Rolls, Upper Crust, KoKo Bear Bakery, E. Crampota/Avon Representative, Glow with It and Gary’s Seamless Gutters. In addition, none of this would have been possible without the countless hours of planning from the Soup-r-Fest committee and all the volunteers that made the day happen.
Thanks, too, to our sponsors: Spectrum Insurance, OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Alpine Bank, Mrs. Fisher’s Potato Chips, Eckberg & Bates Insurance, Emmanuel Guild, Mid-City Office Products, Hillshire Farms, Marianne Lombard-Koy, Oliver Close LLC and Medicine Man Creative. And to WIFR-TV, WREX-TV and Maverick Media for helping promote the event!
Shelter Care Ministries
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue