- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
SwedishAmerican announces capital improvements
SwedishAmerican Hospital recently began the first of several capital improvement projects that will enhance patient care, employee satisfaction and customer service.
The first four projects, totaling a collective $2.3 million, will occur throughout 2013 and include the following: the relocation of the hospital’s Respiratory Therapy department from the eighth to the second floor; renovation of the eighth floor to accommodate the relocation of the Pediatrics and OB/GYN departments from the third floor; renovations of the third floor to accommodate all-private rooms for the Mother/Baby unit; and a new Critical Decision Unit on the second floor.
In addition, SwedishAmerican Hospital also is planning $3.1 million in improvements to its Surgery department. This two-year initiative, which is expected to begin in 2013, will involve the upgrading and replacement of equipment in all of the hospital’s operating room suites. Providing new technology and state-of-the-art equipment to surgeons and staff will help to ensure the very best patient outcomes.
“We are pleased to announce these capital investments and the unanimous support of our board,” said SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski. “They reflect our position as a strong, local health care provider and our commitment to making the health care experience better and more accessible for patients, physicians and staff.”
SwedishAmerican Hospital is at 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue