- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
SwedishAmerican announces capital improvements
SwedishAmerican Hospital recently began the first of several capital improvement projects that will enhance patient care, employee satisfaction and customer service.
The first four projects, totaling a collective $2.3 million, will occur throughout 2013 and include the following: the relocation of the hospital’s Respiratory Therapy department from the eighth to the second floor; renovation of the eighth floor to accommodate the relocation of the Pediatrics and OB/GYN departments from the third floor; renovations of the third floor to accommodate all-private rooms for the Mother/Baby unit; and a new Critical Decision Unit on the second floor.
In addition, SwedishAmerican Hospital also is planning $3.1 million in improvements to its Surgery department. This two-year initiative, which is expected to begin in 2013, will involve the upgrading and replacement of equipment in all of the hospital’s operating room suites. Providing new technology and state-of-the-art equipment to surgeons and staff will help to ensure the very best patient outcomes.
“We are pleased to announce these capital investments and the unanimous support of our board,” said SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski. “They reflect our position as a strong, local health care provider and our commitment to making the health care experience better and more accessible for patients, physicians and staff.”
SwedishAmerican Hospital is at 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue