- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
SwedishAmerican announces capital improvements
SwedishAmerican Hospital recently began the first of several capital improvement projects that will enhance patient care, employee satisfaction and customer service.
The first four projects, totaling a collective $2.3 million, will occur throughout 2013 and include the following: the relocation of the hospital’s Respiratory Therapy department from the eighth to the second floor; renovation of the eighth floor to accommodate the relocation of the Pediatrics and OB/GYN departments from the third floor; renovations of the third floor to accommodate all-private rooms for the Mother/Baby unit; and a new Critical Decision Unit on the second floor.
In addition, SwedishAmerican Hospital also is planning $3.1 million in improvements to its Surgery department. This two-year initiative, which is expected to begin in 2013, will involve the upgrading and replacement of equipment in all of the hospital’s operating room suites. Providing new technology and state-of-the-art equipment to surgeons and staff will help to ensure the very best patient outcomes.
“We are pleased to announce these capital investments and the unanimous support of our board,” said SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski. “They reflect our position as a strong, local health care provider and our commitment to making the health care experience better and more accessible for patients, physicians and staff.”
SwedishAmerican Hospital is at 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue