- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Tickets on sale for RiverHawks’ 2013 season
The Rockford RiverHawks professional baseball club will open the Frontier League 2013 season at home Friday, May 17, against the Frontier Greys. The opening six-game home series will continue through Thursday, May 23, with an off day May 20.
Rockford, along with the Gateway Grizzlies, Joliet Slammers, Normal CornBelters, River City Rascals, Schaumburg Boomers and the Windy City ThunderBolts will make up the West Division of the 14-team league.
The East Division will consist of the Evansville Otters, Florence Freedom, Frontier League Greys, Lake Erie Crushers, Southern Illinois Miners, Traverse City Beach Bums and the Washington Wild Things.
The 96-game regular-season schedule will include three additional home games for the RiverHawks, bringing 51 games to RiverHawks Stadium.
The Frontier League All-Star Break will be July 15-18 and the Frontier League playoffs will begin Sept. 7.
RiverHawks’ season tickets and mini-plans are on sale now. Fans have a variety of affordable packages to choose from for the upcoming 2013 season.
Plans start at just $63, and full-season ticket holders receive many benefits, including free parking and a no wasted ticket policy.
Purchase a full-season ticket plan (51 games) by Dec. 21, and receive a game-worn RiverHawks’ jersey absolutely free.
The Rockford RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, the longest operating independent professional baseball league in the country. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Nov. 21-27, 2012, issue