- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Woods Equipment Company makes Call for Artists; Nov. 30 deadline
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Batwing flex-wing rotary cutter, Woods Equipment Company is commissioning a work of art that captures the role this invention has played in changing the landscape of American agriculture.
The Call for Artists began Aug. 1, with submission due by Nov. 30, and the contest is open to artists of all ages, working in all media.
A judging panel will collectively select the winning entry based on creativity, quality and the works’ ability to capture the role the Batwing has played in changing the landscape of American agriculture.
The winner will be chosen on or about Dec. 15, and will be notified by e-mail.
The artist whose work is selected by the judging panel will receive $1,000 and the work will be displayed in the lobby of Woods Equipment Company. In addition, the work will be featured on the Woods website and other publications, and announced in a national press release.
Official rules and the online entry process are available at www.woodsequipment.com/batwingcontest. All entries must be submitted online and require completion of a simple form and a digital photograph of the original work of art.
For more about this contest, contact Sandra Carlson at (815) 732-9561. For more about Woods products or to find a dealer, call customer service at (815) 319-6637 or visit www.woodsequipment.com.
Posted Nov. 21, 2012