- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Van Matre HealthSouth receives clinical award
Rockford’s Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital has been honored for its clinical excellence among HealthSouth’s network of rehabilitation hospitals. The hospital ranked fourth out of all HealthSouth hospitals for the third quarter 2012.
HealthSouth, the nation’s leader in inpatient rehabilitation, analyzes the clinical performance measures of its nearly 100 rehabilitation hospitals quarterly and annually. The hospitals are ranked on performance measures that include patient outcomes and quality of patient care services. This internal ranking identifies the top 10 HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals.
“Our clinical staff at Van Matre HealthSouth works together to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Kenneth Bowman, CEO of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. “Being in the top 10 is a tribute to the exceptional contributions of our physicians, nurses, therapists, and staff who demonstrate a genuine concern for our patients’ care.”
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, a partnership between Rockford Health System and HealthSouth Corporation, is a 55-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Serving patients throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, the hospital is at 950 S. Mulford Road in Rockford and online at www.vanmatrerehab.com.
From the Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2012, issue