- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Van Matre HealthSouth receives clinical award
Rockford’s Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital has been honored for its clinical excellence among HealthSouth’s network of rehabilitation hospitals. The hospital ranked fourth out of all HealthSouth hospitals for the third quarter 2012.
HealthSouth, the nation’s leader in inpatient rehabilitation, analyzes the clinical performance measures of its nearly 100 rehabilitation hospitals quarterly and annually. The hospitals are ranked on performance measures that include patient outcomes and quality of patient care services. This internal ranking identifies the top 10 HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals.
“Our clinical staff at Van Matre HealthSouth works together to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Kenneth Bowman, CEO of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. “Being in the top 10 is a tribute to the exceptional contributions of our physicians, nurses, therapists, and staff who demonstrate a genuine concern for our patients’ care.”
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, a partnership between Rockford Health System and HealthSouth Corporation, is a 55-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Serving patients throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, the hospital is at 950 S. Mulford Road in Rockford and online at www.vanmatrerehab.com.
From the Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2012, issue