- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Van Matre HealthSouth receives clinical award
Rockford’s Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital has been honored for its clinical excellence among HealthSouth’s network of rehabilitation hospitals. The hospital ranked fourth out of all HealthSouth hospitals for the third quarter 2012.
HealthSouth, the nation’s leader in inpatient rehabilitation, analyzes the clinical performance measures of its nearly 100 rehabilitation hospitals quarterly and annually. The hospitals are ranked on performance measures that include patient outcomes and quality of patient care services. This internal ranking identifies the top 10 HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals.
“Our clinical staff at Van Matre HealthSouth works together to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Kenneth Bowman, CEO of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. “Being in the top 10 is a tribute to the exceptional contributions of our physicians, nurses, therapists, and staff who demonstrate a genuine concern for our patients’ care.”
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, a partnership between Rockford Health System and HealthSouth Corporation, is a 55-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Serving patients throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, the hospital is at 950 S. Mulford Road in Rockford and online at www.vanmatrerehab.com.
From the Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2012, issue