- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
2nd City Chorus presents holiday program Dec. 1
Online Staff Report
2nd City Chorus will present a musical production to kick off the holiday season at 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1.
The production will be at Second Congregational United Church of Christ, 318 N. Church St., Rockford.
In addition to a variety of Christmas songs performed by the award-winning 2nd City Chorus, some very special guests will include the well-known Greater Rockford Barbershop Chorus and excellent musicians from the Second Congregational Church, The Martin Ringers Bell Choir and Bob Bates on the organ.
The musical guests will perform on their own and combine with 2nd City for some additional Christmas melodies and a grand finale.
Admission is free, although a free-will offering will be accepted.
For more information, contact Doug Phillips at (815) 494-0112 or Ron Parrett at (815) 332-5611.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012