- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
2nd City Chorus presents holiday program Dec. 1
Online Staff Report
2nd City Chorus will present a musical production to kick off the holiday season at 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1.
The production will be at Second Congregational United Church of Christ, 318 N. Church St., Rockford.
In addition to a variety of Christmas songs performed by the award-winning 2nd City Chorus, some very special guests will include the well-known Greater Rockford Barbershop Chorus and excellent musicians from the Second Congregational Church, The Martin Ringers Bell Choir and Bob Bates on the organ.
The musical guests will perform on their own and combine with 2nd City for some additional Christmas melodies and a grand finale.
Admission is free, although a free-will offering will be accepted.
For more information, contact Doug Phillips at (815) 494-0112 or Ron Parrett at (815) 332-5611.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012