- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Nativity Display and Concert set for Nov. 30-Dec. 1
Online Staff Report
The public is invited to attend the Nativity Display and Concert presented by the Rockford Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 324 W. University, Rockford.
The event will run 5-9 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30, and 3-8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1. Admission is free, and refreshments will be served.
From 7 to 8 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 2, join the church for the broadcast of a Christmas Devotional, with messages from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Christmas music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Admission to this event is also free, and refreshments will be served.
To celebrate the birth of the Savior, more than 500 Nativity sets will be displayed for the public to view Friday, Nov. 30, and Saturday, Dec. 1. The event is a family friendly event, and activities will be available for children to enjoy.
Donations of canned goods and other non-perishable food items for the Northern Illinois Food Bank will be taken at the event. Christmas music will be presented throughout the event. Following is the schedule of musical presentations:
Friday, Nov. 30 — 5 p.m., Voices of Machesney Park Harlem High School; 5:30 p.m., Belvidere North High School Choraliers; 6 p.m., The Smith Girls; 6:30 p.m., Svea Soner; 7 p.m., The Williams Sisters; 7:30 p.m., Cadence Barbershop Quartet; 8 p.m., The Flute Club of Rockford; and 8:40 p.m., Christmas Carol Singing.
Saturday, Dec. 1 — 3 p.m., Cross and Crown Bell Ensemble; 3:30 p.m., The Rockford Area Horn Club; 4 p.m., Michelle Borgmann; 4:30 p.m., The Fluegal family; 5 p.m., Truman’s Ridge bluegrass band; 5:30 p.m., Rock Valley Children’s Choir; 6 p.m., Rodriguez Family Quintet; 6:30 p.m., Spanish Branch Choir; 7 p.m., Greater Rockford Barbershop Chorus; and 7:30 p.m., The Christmas Carol Cantata.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012