- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Notions Nook quilting and sewing shop relocates to Edgebrook
• Special events include Cathedral Window class Dec. 1, Floriani Family Secrets Tour Dec. 14-15
Online Staff Report
Notions Nook has relocated from its previous location at 2222 E. State St. to the Edgebrook shopping center, 1645 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
A quilting and sewing shop offering personalized service, along with quality products and exceptional customer service, their on-duty staff has more than 50 years of combined quilting experience.
Upcoming special events include a hand-stitched Cathedral Window class Dec. 1, and the Floriani Family Secrets Tour Dec. 14-15. Reservations are required for both events by calling (815) 229-6665.
The shop features many books, patterns, kits and hundreds of notions for quilting. Special ordering is also an option.
The only quilt shop in Rockford that carries 1930s reproduction fabrics, there are also many Civil War/1800s and 1930s reproduction fabrics along with batiks, children’s fabrics and more than 150 Kona Solids, Marbles and coordinating fabrics, just to name a few.
Store hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday.
The shop can be reached at (815) 229-NOOK (6665), or online at notionsnook.com.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012