- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Notions Nook quilting and sewing shop relocates to Edgebrook
• Special events include Cathedral Window class Dec. 1, Floriani Family Secrets Tour Dec. 14-15
Online Staff Report
Notions Nook has relocated from its previous location at 2222 E. State St. to the Edgebrook shopping center, 1645 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
A quilting and sewing shop offering personalized service, along with quality products and exceptional customer service, their on-duty staff has more than 50 years of combined quilting experience.
Upcoming special events include a hand-stitched Cathedral Window class Dec. 1, and the Floriani Family Secrets Tour Dec. 14-15. Reservations are required for both events by calling (815) 229-6665.
The shop features many books, patterns, kits and hundreds of notions for quilting. Special ordering is also an option.
The only quilt shop in Rockford that carries 1930s reproduction fabrics, there are also many Civil War/1800s and 1930s reproduction fabrics along with batiks, children’s fabrics and more than 150 Kona Solids, Marbles and coordinating fabrics, just to name a few.
Store hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday.
The shop can be reached at (815) 229-NOOK (6665), or online at notionsnook.com.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012