- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Rockford Symphony’s principal harpist featured at Rockton church Dec. 2
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — Nanette Felix, principal harpist for the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO), will perform a program of sacred and seasonal music for the first Sunday of Advent at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Rockton, Ill., Dec. 2. The service starts at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is invited to this all-music service.
Felix has played with the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, the Dubuque Symphony and orchestras in Elgin, Lake Forest, Northbrook, Peoria, Galesburg, Bloomington-Normal, Fort Wayne, the Indianapolis Civic Symphony and Evansville Philharmonic. She performed in the touring company of Cathy Rigby’s 1999 Broadway production of Peter Pan, was featured on the soundtrack of the MGM film Incident, and has performed with Doc Severenson, Sir James Galway, Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick, The Moody Blues, Dennis DeYoung of Styx and the late Ray Charles.
She has recorded five CDs, including a holiday collaboration with Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, titled What Sweeter Music, and her long-awaited release, Classic Yuletide Jazz. All her CDs are available from www.mixitentertainment.com.
The Unitarian Universalist Church in Rockton is at 329 School St., at Illinois Route 75. For directions, go to www.uucrv.org.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012