- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Rockford Symphony’s principal harpist featured at Rockton church Dec. 2
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — Nanette Felix, principal harpist for the Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO), will perform a program of sacred and seasonal music for the first Sunday of Advent at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Rockton, Ill., Dec. 2. The service starts at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is invited to this all-music service.
Felix has played with the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, the Dubuque Symphony and orchestras in Elgin, Lake Forest, Northbrook, Peoria, Galesburg, Bloomington-Normal, Fort Wayne, the Indianapolis Civic Symphony and Evansville Philharmonic. She performed in the touring company of Cathy Rigby’s 1999 Broadway production of Peter Pan, was featured on the soundtrack of the MGM film Incident, and has performed with Doc Severenson, Sir James Galway, Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick, The Moody Blues, Dennis DeYoung of Styx and the late Ray Charles.
She has recorded five CDs, including a holiday collaboration with Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, titled What Sweeter Music, and her long-awaited release, Classic Yuletide Jazz. All her CDs are available from www.mixitentertainment.com.
The Unitarian Universalist Church in Rockton is at 329 School St., at Illinois Route 75. For directions, go to www.uucrv.org.
Posted Nov. 29, 2012