- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Adults-only evening: Ugly Christmas Sweater Night Dec. 7 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Grownups (21 and older), release your inner child and experience Discovery Center’s fun exhibits — without the kids! Wear your most hideous holiday sweater and compete for prizes from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7. WIFR’s Aaron Wilson will judge the contest.
Get creative with art activities as you make your own ornaments or craft your own cards. Shop for unique gifts in the museum store, where you’ll receive 20 percent off along with complimentary gift wrapping. Explore the night sky in the planetarium, and more!
Food will be available for purchase, along with a cash bar.
Reservations can be made online at www.discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 963-6769. Admission is $3 for museum members and $7 for the public.
Add to the fun by creating a gingerbread house. The museum will provide everything needed to create a masterpiece for your holiday party. Advance registration is required. Cost is $16 for members and $20 for the public public, and includes full Discovery After Dark admission.
Discovery Center Museum is a non-profit organization providing hands-on math, science and art experiences for all ages with more than 250 hand-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 5, and an outdoor science park.
Discovery Center is rated the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine and one of the top 12 children’s museums in the nation by Forbes.com.
The museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Dec. 5, 2012