- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Adults-only evening: Ugly Christmas Sweater Night Dec. 7 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Grownups (21 and older), release your inner child and experience Discovery Center’s fun exhibits — without the kids! Wear your most hideous holiday sweater and compete for prizes from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7. WIFR’s Aaron Wilson will judge the contest.
Get creative with art activities as you make your own ornaments or craft your own cards. Shop for unique gifts in the museum store, where you’ll receive 20 percent off along with complimentary gift wrapping. Explore the night sky in the planetarium, and more!
Food will be available for purchase, along with a cash bar.
Reservations can be made online at www.discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 963-6769. Admission is $3 for museum members and $7 for the public.
Add to the fun by creating a gingerbread house. The museum will provide everything needed to create a masterpiece for your holiday party. Advance registration is required. Cost is $16 for members and $20 for the public public, and includes full Discovery After Dark admission.
Discovery Center Museum is a non-profit organization providing hands-on math, science and art experiences for all ages with more than 250 hand-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children younger than 5, and an outdoor science park.
Discovery Center is rated the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine and one of the top 12 children’s museums in the nation by Forbes.com.
The museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Dec. 5, 2012