- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Dec. 7-8 art show benefits Arts Council
Prairie Street Gallery, 300 Prairie St., Rockford, will host an art show Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7-8, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming. Hours are 4-9 p.m., Friday, and 3-7 p.m., Saturday.
This holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media.
Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jean Apgar, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Ron Clevenger, Ingrid Dohm, Julie Ekstam, Roni Golan, Joseph Goral, Karen Harding, Margret Hynes, Julaine Lofquist-Birch, Nancy McManus Olson, Tim Monroe, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Tracy Tripplett and more.
Artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue