- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Dec. 7-8 art show benefits Arts Council
Prairie Street Gallery, 300 Prairie St., Rockford, will host an art show Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7-8, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming. Hours are 4-9 p.m., Friday, and 3-7 p.m., Saturday.
This holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media.
Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jean Apgar, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Ron Clevenger, Ingrid Dohm, Julie Ekstam, Roni Golan, Joseph Goral, Karen Harding, Margret Hynes, Julaine Lofquist-Birch, Nancy McManus Olson, Tim Monroe, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Tracy Tripplett and more.
Artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue