- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Dec. 7-8 art show benefits Arts Council
Prairie Street Gallery, 300 Prairie St., Rockford, will host an art show Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7-8, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming. Hours are 4-9 p.m., Friday, and 3-7 p.m., Saturday.
This holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media.
Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jean Apgar, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Ron Clevenger, Ingrid Dohm, Julie Ekstam, Roni Golan, Joseph Goral, Karen Harding, Margret Hynes, Julaine Lofquist-Birch, Nancy McManus Olson, Tim Monroe, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Tracy Tripplett and more.
Artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue