- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Dec. 7-8 art show benefits Arts Council
Prairie Street Gallery, 300 Prairie St., Rockford, will host an art show Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7-8, to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programming. Hours are 4-9 p.m., Friday, and 3-7 p.m., Saturday.
This holiday art show will showcase works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, pottery, photography and multi-media.
Artists include Ellyn Ahmer, Jean Apgar, Jim Barbagallo, Shawn Barbagallo, Tamarra BaVincio-Legge, Ron Clevenger, Ingrid Dohm, Julie Ekstam, Roni Golan, Joseph Goral, Karen Harding, Margret Hynes, Julaine Lofquist-Birch, Nancy McManus Olson, Tim Monroe, Teresa Schwiesow, Ted Simmering, Tracy Tripplett and more.
Artwork will be sold at holiday price points, and 50 percent of the sale price will be donated to support the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs. Admission is free.
Contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue