- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Oregon High School Madrigal Dinner tickets on sale
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — May love and joy come to you this holiday season! This is the Oregon High School (OHS) Madrigals’ wish for you. So, mark your calendars now. Plan to attend the OHS Annual Madrigal Dinner Friday, Dec. 7, and Saturday, Dec. 8, with dinner beginning at 6 p.m.
“The students have been working hard preparing their music and are looking forward to celebrating an evening filled with song and good cheer with your family and friends at this year’s Annual Madrigal Dinner,” said Madrigal Choir Director Mitch Lauer.
This event will be in the dining hall at Lutheran Outdoor Ministries (LOMC), 1834 S. Illinois Route 2 in Oregon, Ill.
Ticketholders will enjoy a “Dinner Theater” re-enactment modeled after the feasts of the Renaissance when Lords and Ladies of large manors would prepare huge holiday celebrations. The full-course meal will be divided into courses, each of which will be introduced with traditional instrumental fanfares and songs, along with a variety of musical and comedic performances by the Oregon High School students throughout the evening.
Cost to attend is $15 per person, which includes dinner and the performance. Make checks payable to OHS Madrigals. To reserve your seat(s), call (815) 732-6241, ext. 1205, or e-mail email@example.com. State your name and how many are attending. Also include your mailing address if you would like your ticket(s) mailed directly to you or your e-mail address if you would like your ticket(s) e-mailed to you. However, note that tickets must be ordered 10 days prior to the event if you would like them mailed to you, and they will be mailed to the name and address provided. Tickets ordered after this time will be available for pickup on the date of the Madrigal Dinner as specified when you placed your order, unless you request that your tickets be sent via e-mail. When placing your order, specify whether any ticketholder will require wheelchair seating.
Funds generated by the dinner will be used to offset the costs of the dinner and to fund future musical productions.
Posted Dec. 5, 2012