- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
OSF offers holiday nutrition classes
We all know the holidays are a tough time to stick to healthy eating habits. That’s why OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center is offering two nutrition classes this December that will arm you with the tools you need to enjoy your holiday get-togethers without overindulging. Both classes are offered at the medical center, 5666 E. State St., Rockford. Registration is required.
Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol — 5-6 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 11. Description: In this course, you will learn how cholesterol is used in the body, the risk factors of high cholesterol and what dietary changes you can make to help reduce your cholesterol. The course will describe the food sources of cholesterol and what guidelines you should follow to best manage your cholesterol levels. Cost: $24. More information: (815) 227-2161.
Eating to Lower Your Blood Pressure — 5-6 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 18. Description: In this course, you’ll learn what healthy blood pressure numbers are, stress-relieving techniques and the best foods to control your blood pressure. Attendees will also receive handouts on food label comparisons of popular food brands and simple lists of recommended foods containing the right balance of minerals to manage your blood pressure. Cost: $24. More information: (815) 227-2161.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue