OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, in collaboration with the Rockford Health Council, is conducting a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) survey to assess the health needs of the community. The information will allow OSF Saint Anthony to adopt an implementation strategy to meet the community’s health needs identified through the assessment.
OSF Saint Anthony is asking for survey participation from residents of Winnebago, Boone, DeKalb and Ogle counties. The data will be collected through written and online surveys, personal interviews and focus groups.
Area residents who wish to participate in the CHNA survey can access it at www.osfsaint-anthony.org/survey. The survey will run from Saturday, Dec. 8, through Saturday, Dec. 15.
The key goals of the survey are to:
• Assess community perception and needs regarding their personal health and the health issues facing our community at large.
• Identify service gaps from the perspective of those within our community.
• Integrate the strategic planning process at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center and OSF HealthCare System with the identified needs as expressed by those they serve.
• Develop specific, measurable, achievable and realistic implementation strategies to address identified community needs.
• Share the CHNA survey community health status and services gap analysis data with community partners to collaborate and facilitate addressing the identified community issues.
• Use the direct feedback from those served to assist OSF Saint Anthony and community health partners in prioritizing limited resources to best serve the population’s health needs and concerns.
• Create a baseline for longitudinal changes of community health status and behaviors.
• Benchmark our community with state and national averages.
OSF Saint Anthony is required by provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment every three years. Data collection and empirical analysis will be handled under the direction of Laurence G. Weinzimmer, Ph.D., professor of management at Bradley University. The results of the Community Health Needs Assessment survey will be made publicly available.
Questions regarding the survey should be directed to Don Vayr, OSF Saint Anthony director of Strategic Planning and Decision Support, at (815) 395-4553 or email@example.com.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue